Motorcycle Accident Attorney in San Francisco
Recently injured in a serious motorcycle accident in San Francisco? We can help! Call Halavanau Law Office today.
Each year, more than 14,400 people sustain injuries in motorcycle accidents in California. The victims who are harmed in these collisions are often left with catastrophic injuries that require extensive medical treatment. Many victims who are injured in motorcycle collisions never really fully recover. Instead, they are left permanently disabled from their injuries.
Although there are numerous options for therapy, surgery, and treatment available, they all come at a substantial cost. When motorcyclists suffer injuries in accidents caused by the reckless actions of others, they may have legal options available to secure the compensation they deserve for the medical treatment they need.
Working with a San Francisco motorcycle accident attorney from Halavanau Law Office in the Bay Area will ensure that the injured motorcycle accident victims can protect their legal rights and receive the maximum amount of compensation available to them. At Halavanau Law Office, we provide aggressive legal representation to ensure our clients can receive justice and compensation they rightfully deserve from those who cause them harm.
By providing trusted and effective legal representation for our clients, we help them move forward from their accidents in the best way possible. If you suffered injuries from a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent driver, contact our San Francisco personal injury attorney at Halavanau Law Office as soon as possible to explore all the legal options available for you.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in San Francisco
Every day, hundreds of motorcycle accidents take place in and around the United States. Many victims have to go into area hospitals for treatment of debilitating injuries. Although there is a long history of stereotypes against motorcyclists, claiming that they are negligent drivers, the majority of accidents in which they are involved are caused by the negligent actions of others. Some of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents we see in the San Francisco Bay Area include:
- Automobiles that swerve in front of motorcyclists
- Cutting off motorcyclists at intersections
- Speeding drivers
- Failing to yield the right of way to motorcyclists
- Failing to leave room between vehicles
- Failing to see motorcyclists change lanes or enter onto roads
- Not paying attention to other drivers sharing the road
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Opening doors out into lanes without checking traffic first
- Dangerous road conditions
- Defective and malfunctioning parts
- Lane splitting
Not seeing motorcyclists in traffic and failing to yield are among the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in and around the San Francisco Bay Area. These accidents are often caused by drivers who fail to exercise proper care and caution when making left-hand turns at intersections. Many left-hand turn accidents are caused by motorists who:
- Misjudge the speed of motorcycles or how far they are
- Fail to see the motorcyclists at the intersection
- Panic and stop their vehicles in the path of the motorcyclist
- Rely on the judgment of other drivers sharing the road
Alcohol impairment is another leading cause of motorcycle accidents throughout the greater San Francisco Bay Area. A significant portion of motorcycle fatalities are the result of drivers or motorcyclists who are under the influence of alcohol at the time of their crash.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, contact Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco as soon as possible. You may be entitled to compensation to alleviate the financial burdens you face moving forward.
Motorcycle Accidents in Construction Zone
We see numerous motorcycle wrecks occur in construction zones throughout San Francisco Bay Area. These motorcycle accidents are often preventable, yet many victims are left with debilitating and life-altering injuries.
Our skilled motorcycle accidents team at Halavanau Law Office located in the city of San Francisco will perform a comprehensive, independent investigation into your motorcycle accident to determine what caused the incident to occur. Some dangerous conditions we see in motorcycle accidents in construction zones on public and private roadways include:
- Inadequate lighting
- Inadequate visibility due to sign placement
- Inadequate banked turns
- Missing guardrails along roadways
- Inadequate signs and signals
- Flooding/slippery road conditions
- Maintenance and design flaws in roadways
- Inappropriate marking or protection around construction areas
- Unmarked maintenance holes and potholes
- Uneven pavement
Our dedicated motorcycle crash team at Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco works tirelessly to prove liability due to dangerous road conditions caused by negligent property owners or construction workers.
Our knowledgeable and aggressive motorcycle accident legal team is dedicated to helping victims protect their legal rights and fight for the justice and compensation they deserve for their injuries and losses. Contact our law firm in San Francisco as soon as possible to see how our team at Halavanau Law Office can help you.
Types of Claims Surrounding Motorcycle Accidents in San Francisco Bay Area
Motorcyclists who are not at-fault for their accidents can seek compensation to alleviate the financial burdens they face. In some cases, injured motorcyclists can file legal claims against the at-fault parties to obtain compensation to cover both economic and non-economic damages they face from their accident. There are different ways those harmed can get justice for their accidents. These include:
- Insurance Negotiations: After a motorcycle accident, your attorney can communicate with the at-fault party’s insurance company to negotiate a settlement to cover various costs resulting from the accident. The skilled and knowledgeable legal team at Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco will leverage information collected to ensure our clients recover compensation for their expenses. If we are unable to negotiate a full and fair settlement for victims, we help them pursue legal action against the negligent party.
- Negligence: Our motorcycle accident legal team in San Francisco has the skills and knowledge necessary to prove that the other driver in the accident was at fault due to their failure to exercise a reasonable standard of care, if there is a basis for such argument. We will conduct an investigation to uncover critical details surrounding the accident to show how the other driver is at fault and should be held liable for resulting injuries and damages.
- Product Liability Claims: There are many cases where motorcyclists suffer debilitating injuries in accidents due to defective parts. In these cases, victims are typically able to file legal claims against the manufacturer of the part or a defective vehicle to recover compensation. In these cases, Halavanau Law Office will conduct an investigation to study the motorcycle and determine whether any defects were present prior to the accident. Working alongside forensic experts, our team will be able to determine whether the defective vehicle or part was unreasonably dangerous, the motorcycle was being operated as it was intended to be, and whether there was a change in the performance of the motorcycle since it was purchased. Whether you were injured as a result of a defective accelerator, malfunctioning brakes, faulty fuel systems, or other faulty parts, we are dedicated to ensuring you get the justice you deserve.
- Wrongful Death Claims: If your loved one lost their life in a motorcycle accident, the San Francisco wrongful death legal team at Halavanau Law Office will help you recover compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit. Our team will fight to protect your rights and prove that the other driver’s negligence was the cause of your loved one’s death.
Contact our law firm today to schedule a free case evaluation to explore the legal options available for you.
Common Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents in San Francisco
Motorcyclists are incredibly vulnerable to the impact of vehicles in collisions. The fact that they wear very little protection to safeguard them from the elements and other vehicles means they are more likely to suffer catastrophic and life-threatening injuries. Some of the most common injuries victims of motorcycle accidents sustain include but are not limited to the following:
- Broken bones
- Head trauma
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Internal organ damages
- Scrapes and lacerations
Although motorcycles make up less than 1% of vehicles on roadways throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, they account for roughly 15% of all traffic-related fatalities.
When victims are injured in motorcycle accidents, or families lose loved ones in these horrific collisions, it is imperative that they reach out to an aggressive and knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorney at Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco to get the justice they deserve.
How Halavanau Law Office Approaches Each Case
Our knowledgeable motorcycle accident legal team in San Francisco handles each claim with the utmost courtesy and respect. We treat our clients like family and take their needs and thoughts into consideration every step of the way. After scheduling a case evaluation and deciding how you would like to proceed, our team will immediately begin investigating your claim.
The San Francisco personal injury legal team at Halavanau Law Office will gather records and evidence related to your claim. We will reach out to your doctors, physicians, surgeons, and other medical professionals you have seen for your injuries and obtain copies of medical records and bills. We will gather documents and information for your insurance company and the insurance companies of the other parties involved in the accident. Having a clearer understanding of your medical needs and what your insurance covers will help to determine the possibilities of your claim.
Our team will investigate your accident in great detail. We will gather any dashcam footage, collect security camera footage, police records, and other evidence that provides critical insight into your accident. We will work with experts who can recreate the accident, taking into account speeds, road conditions, and various other factors, to show how the defendant is at fault, if we decide to pursue the matter.
Finally, we negotiate full and fair compensation for our clients to ensure they get the maximum amount of compensation available to cover the costs of damages, including:
- The costs of all past, current, and future medical expenses
- Lost wages related due to taking time off work for treatment and appointments
- Lost earning capacity for victims who are forced out of work indefinitely
- The costs to repair or replace vehicles
In addition to economic damages, our team at Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco works diligently to ensure that injured victims are able to collect full and fair compensation for non-economic damages, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment
If we are unable to negotiate settlements on behalf of victims, we are ready to provide effective and competent legal representation for our clients in court. Contact our motorcycle accident legal team in San Francisco as soon as possible to see how we can help you.
Halavanau Law Office Can Help Win Your Case
Numerous people are injured in motorcycle accidents throughout California each year. In the San Francisco Bay Area alone, more than 2,600 people are left with debilitating injuries that force them into local hospitals for extensive medical treatment. Being injured in a motorcycle accident can have a life-altering impact on the lives of victims and their families. For this reason, it is crucial that victims injured in accidents caused by reckless drivers reach out to a motorcycle accident attorney in San Francisco as soon as possible to explore legal options available to them.
Halavanau Law Office helps clients in the San Francisco Bay Area protect their legal rights and get the justice they deserve. Whether you were injured in a motorcycle accident, or your loved one lost their life, as a result of another motorist’s actions, our team works diligently to ensure you are in the best physical, mental, and financial positions imaginable to move forward after an expected collision.
Our team is available to answer questions for clients throughout the entire duration of their claims and to make sure their legal rights are protected. Contact our motorcycle accident attorney in San Francisco at (415) 692-5301 to see how we can help you. Schedule a free no-obligation case evaluation to discuss legal options available for you.