Bicycle and Pedestrian Accident Attorney in San Francisco
Have you been seriously injured in a pedestrian or bike accident in San Francisco Bay Area? If so, call Halavanau Law Office today to see how we can help.
Every year, thousands and thousands of people throughout the state of California are injured in accidents involving an automobile while traveling on foot or by bike. Although there are numerous laws in place to protect people traveling outside of vehicles, we continue to see them being harmed in accidents involving vehicles at an alarming rate.
Both pedestrians and bicyclists have areas designated for their use throughout San Francisco and most of the Bay Area. These areas are designed to be safe and effective places for them to travel to and from their destinations. When other motorists who are sharing the roads fail to see the cyclists or pedestrians, it can lead to catastrophic accidents.
Accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists are more likely to result in life-altering injuries and oftentimes even death. Many pedestrian and bike accident victims suffer from a variety of injuries including broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries in these accidents.
Many of these people are hospitalized due to their injuries and have to go through months of therapy and treatment. The fact that these people do not have the protection of steel cages like drivers in cars do, sharing the road means they are more likely to suffer life-threatening injuries in the collisions that they are involved in.
When bicyclists and pedestrians sustain injuries in San Francisco collisions that are caused by careless, reckless, or negligent drivers, they should reach out to a skilled personal injury attorney right away. Our personal injury attorney at Halavanau Law Offices has the skills, knowledge, experience, and resources necessary to be successful with the complexities associated with these types of serious legal claims. Call us today to ensure that your rights are protected.
Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco has experience helping victims of pedestrian accidents and bike accidents recover. We provide aggressive legal representation to ensure those who have been harmed, hold wrongdoers accountable and maximize their recoveries. Our legal team stops at nothing to make sure victims are fully and fairly compensated so they are in the best position possible to move forward and get the medical treatment they need. Contact our personal injury legal team in San Francisco as soon as possible to see how we can help you.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
The majority of pedestrian accidents in San Francisco are caused by drivers who fail to yield the right of way to pedestrians. There are also many instances where drivers fail to watch for pedestrians at intersections, particularly while turning onto other streets. Speeding is another common factor in pedestrian accidents as traveling at a high rate of speed makes it more challenging for drivers to stop for pedestrians in time to avoid collisions.
Some other leading causes of pedestrian accidents in San Francisco Bay Area include:
- Drunk or impaired drivers
- Drivers who disregard stop signs and red lights
- Drivers making unsafe U-turns at intersections
- Poorly timed crosswalk signals
- Unkempt sidewalk and crosswalks
- Trees, posts, poles, and other obstructions along the road
- Construction sites
The majority of pedestrian accidents are completely preventable. If you were recently injured in a serious San Francisco pedestrian accident, working with a experienced pedestrian accident attorney in San Francisco will ensure you are able to hold distracted, reckless, and negligent drivers accountable for their actions behind the wheel.
Many Bicycle Accidents are Caused by Inattentive Drivers
Like pedestrian accidents, bicycle collisions are often a result of negligent, reckless, careless drivers. These accidents are often preventable, yet thousands of bicyclists are left with major injuries that will impact the rest of their lives.
When drivers fail to observe their surroundings or engage in safe driving practices, they are more likely to cause life-threatening collisions. Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents in San Francisco include but are not limited to the following:
- Distracted driving
- Poor road conditions
- Unsafe lane changes
- Dooring (drivers who open their doors into bicycle lanes)
- Poor bike maintenance/not making required repairs
- Defective or inadequate safety equipment
- Alcohol intoxication/drug impairment
The negligent actions of a car and truck driver can result in serious injuries to cyclists throughout California. Bicycle riders can suffer broken bones, spinal cord injuries, lacerations, traumatic brain injuries (TBI), bruises, and a variety of other injuries.
Many victims sustain injuries that result in the need for costly medical treatment and can result in lost wages. Victims injured in accidents caused by reckless drivers can work with a personal injury attorney in San Francisco to obtain compensation for both economic and non-economic damages they face moving forward.
Common Injuries in Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents
When a motor vehicle accident occurs that involves a cyclist or other pedestrian, bicyclists and pedestrians are at a disadvantage due to the fact that they are not protected like people inside a vehicle. Many of these accidents result in knock downs because the person outside of the vehicle suffered physical injuries due to being knocked down by the moving vehicle. Crashes involving pedestrians and bicyclists often result in serious injuries, including:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): Traumatic brain injuries are devastating. Not only do these injuries often result in overwhelming pain and suffering, but they lead to permanent disabilities in some cases. Victims who suffer traumatic brain injuries are often forced to go through extensive therapy and spend months or even years in recovery.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries are extremely painful and complicated to deal with. Many victims who sustain spinal cord injuries are left with some degree of paralysis. Some victims remain permanently disabled while others are able to recover to some extent through therapy. Spinal cord injuries require extensive and costly medical treatment, which can be life-long.
- Back and Neck Injuries: Victims involved in bicycle and pedestrian accidents are at a heightened risk for sustaining herniated, ruptured, or slipped discs in accidents. Some victims suffer neck injuries, which can cause overwhelming pain and disability.
- Bone Fractions: Skull fractures, broken collar bones, rib breaks, and breaks or sprains to the knees, hips, ankles, feet, arms, wrists, and pelvis can require surgery and therapy. These injuries are painful and debilitating and hinder victims’ abilities to perform various tasks with ease.
- Limb Loss/Amputations: The loss of a limb is particularly devastating. These life-changing injuries require a complete adjustment for victims. Many victims have to learn how to walk again or perform various tasks due to their new limitations.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Being thrown or knocked down by a vehicle can result in serious cuts, scrapes, and lacerations. Many victims are left with permanent scarring and emotional damages due to these injuries.
- Internal Organ Damages: Many victims harmed in these accidents sustain ruptured livers or spleens, lung punctures, internal bleeding kidney damages, and other injuries that require extensive medical treatment.
Some pedestrians and bicyclists sustain serious injuries that require immediate and long-term medical treatment. A lot of victims are forced out of work for an extended time until their injuries heal. The pedestrian accident lawyer at Halavanau Law Office will fight tirelessly to represent victims in the aftermath of a life-changing accident. Our team provides aggressive representation to help victims obtain the maximum amount of compensation to alleviate the costs of medical treatment and other damages they face.
Damages Available for Victims of Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents
Victims who are injured in bicycle and pedestrian accidents often face overwhelming financial burdens when trying to move forward. Depending on the extent of injuries, victims can often expect to pay tens of thousands of dollars for the medical treatment they will need to recover from their injuries.
Many victims are forced out of work to recover, enduring lost wages and work benefits. Victims who are forced out of work indefinitely can suffer from an extensive loss of earnings. It is crucial that victims are aware of all of the legal options available to them with regard to their injuries.
Working with a San Francisco personal injury attorney from Halavanau Law Office will ensure victims who are injured in accidents get the maximum amount of compensation available. We strive to help victims maximize their recoveries so they are in the best position possible to move forward after enduring severe and life-altering injuries.
Some of the damages out team helps victims collect after collisions include compensation for include the following:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Lost wages due to taking time off to recover
- Lost earning capacity for victims forced out of work indefinitely
- Disability benefits for victims permanently injured
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
Working with an aggressive and competent personal injury attorney in San Francisco will ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim. Call for a free, no-obligation consultation with a skilled personal injury to see if you have the right to pursue a claim.
How a Personal Injury Attorney in San Francisco Can Help You
Being injured in an accident can leave victims feeling confused, overwhelmed by pain and suffering, and unsure of what to do as they try to recover from their injuries. In some cases, victims are unaware of the legal options available to them. Navigating the complex legal system can be challenging, especially for victims in and out of hospitals and going to therapy for their injuries. Victims of bicycle accidents and pedestrian accidents can benefit greatly by reaching out to a personal injury attorney in San Francisco to get help for their claims.
Our team at Halavanau Law Office offers many services to our clients to ensure they are in the best legal position possible to protect their victim’s rights. We fight on behalf of injured pedestrians and injured bicyclists throughout the San Francisco Bay Area to ensure they have the strongest case to demonstrate the damages they have endured were caused by the negligence of the person operating the motor vehicle. Our team starts early-on by building the most solid case for all of our clients. Some of the tasks we perform for our clients include but are certainly not limited to the following:
- Investigating the scene of the accident
- Gathering strong evidence in support of a victim’s claim
- Gathering documents from doctors, police, financial experts, and medical experts that detail what occurred and what is required moving forward
- Work with experts who can recreate the accident to uncover critical details in support of a victim’s claim
- Aggressively negotiate full and fair settlements to ensure our clients are able to move forward in the best position possible
- Provide trusted and aggressive legal representation at trial whenever necessary
We understand the overwhelming challenges that injured cyclists, pedestrians, and their families face after a serious crash involving an automobile or other vehicle. At Halavanau Law Office our team is waiting to take your call. We will discuss the specifics surrounding your accident to see if you have the right to pursue a claim. Call us to schedule your free consultation and protect your rights today. Our ultimate goal is to help victims and their families move to focus on recovery and let us handle the complexities associated with these types of complicated San Francisco Bay Area personal injury claims.
We work diligently to provide trusted, effective, and knowledgeable representation for our clients to ensure they are able to move forward and focus on their lives and their families. If you sustained injuries in a bicycle crash or pedestrian accident as a result of a driver’s reckless or negligent actions, contact our law firm at your earliest convenience to explore legal options available for you.
Halavanau Law Office Can Help You
Sustaining injuries in a serious pedestrian accident or major bicycle accident can have a life-altering impact on a person’s life. The mental, emotional, physical, and financial consequences are often far-reaching.
Not only are injured victims impacted in nearly every aspect of their lives, but their families are often forced to bear the financial and emotional burdens as well. When victims sustain injuries in auto accidents, caused by the negligent actions of others, it is crucial that they reach out to a personal injury attorney in San Francisco as soon as possible.
Our team at Halavanau Law Office fights to help victims protect their legal rights after suffering injuries in auto accidents caused by the negligent actions of others. We advocate on behalf of accident victims in San Francisco and throughout the Bay Area to ensure they are able to hold wrongdoers responsible and get the justice and compensation they deserve.
If you sustained injuries in an accident, or your loved one lost their life, due to the negligence or reckless action of another person, contact our San Francisco personal injury law firm today at (415) 692-5301 to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation at your earliest convenience to see what legal options are available for you.