Truck Accident Attorney in San Francisco
Have you been injured in a serious San Francisco Bay Area truck accident? Call Halavanau Law Office today to find out if you have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries.
Although we would like to think that drivers of semi-trucks are more responsible than others sharing the road, that is not always the case. Semi-truck accidents plague roadways throughout the state of California every day. These accidents often result in catastrophic injuries and sometimes even result in death because of the sheer size and weight of the vehicles. When 18-wheelers are involved in accidents with pickup trucks, sedans, and smaller vehicles, there is an increased chance that these victims will suffer life-threatening injuries.
Many victims involved in semi-truck accidents are left with broken bones, brain trauma, and spinal cord injuries that require extensive medical treatment. No matter how much medical treatment truck accident victims endure, they are most likely going to be left permanently impaired from their injuries. Although there are many treatment options available for victims, they all come at a very high cost. When victims suffer injuries from accidents caused by negligent and reckless drivers, they need to reach out to a truck accident attorney in San Francisco to explore their legal options.
The personal injury team at Halavanau Law Office has experience fighting on behalf of injured truck accident victims to ensure they are in the best position possible to proceed with skilled and trusted legal representation to ensure that those individuals who have been harmed in a truck accident are able to hold all of the responsible parties accountable for their actions in causing your injuries. If you have been injured in a truck accident that was caused by a negligent driver, contact our law firm today to explore all of the legal options available for you and your potential truck accident lawsuit.
Services a Truck Accident Attorney Can Provide
When people are injured in truck accidents as a result of a fault of another, it is crucial that they act quickly to protect their legal rights as a victim. The truck accident legal team at Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco strives to help victims protect their legal rights so they can focus on recovering. Our team provides a variety of services for our clients, including:
- Dealing with insurance companies: It is very common for insurance companies to try to take advantage of accident victims. After collisions, the insurance companies of at-fault drivers will often offer small settlements to victims or try to trick victims into taking blame for the collision. We handle communication with insurance companies to make sure they do not take advantage of victims.
- Investigating the accident: Our truck accident legal team will investigate the circumstances surrounding your truck accident to determine who is at fault. We will review all aspects surrounding your crash and name all accountable parties. Furthermore, Halavanau Law Office will gather evidence from the scene, obtain a copy of the police report, examine medical records, and gather witness testimony in support of our clients’ claims. We strive to put together solid claims for victims to ensure they get the justice and compensation they deserve.
- Handle Paperwork: Halavanau Law Office understands that time is crucial when it comes to victims protecting their legal rights. For this reason, we strive to file all documents on time and accurately every time, so our clients are able to pursue justice after being harmed in an accident.
- Maintain Open Communication with Victims: Our legal team maintains open and continual communication with victims throughout the entire duration of their claims. We work diligently to ensure victims are aware of what is happening every step of their claims process. Our team will answer any questions our clients may have about their claims.
- Help Victims Recover: Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco provides aggressive legal representation to ensure victims are able to hold wrongdoers accountable. We put together strong cases on behalf of truck accident victims and fight aggressively to negotiate full and fair settlements whenever possible. When we are unable to come to settlement agreements, we provide effective legal representation to victims in court to ensure they obtain the outcome they expect for their viable claims.
We are dedicated to helping our clients move forward after life-changing accidents. Our team strives to help victims obtain the maximum amount of compensation and gain a sense of financial, mental, and emotional stability to help them move on from their traumatic accidents. Contact the truck accident legal team at Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco to discuss legal options available for you.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in San Francisco Bay Area
Truck accidents happen for a variety of reasons. Although we would like to think drivers in semi-trucks are more careful than others sharing the road, this is not always the case. The majority of truck collisions are a result of driver error. When drivers engage in reckless and negligent actions, it drastically increases the likelihood of a collision. Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco has experience helping our clients get the justice and compensation they deserve for their accidents. Our team recognizes that there are various reasons why truck accidents occur in our area. Some of the leading causes include:
- Driver negligence
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Impaired driving
- Cargo shifts and spills
- Vehicle failures
- Road conditions
- Inclement weather
We are dedicated to helping clients hold all responsible parties accountable for their actions. When people are injured in truck accidents as a result of negligent parties, we provide aggressive and trusted legal representation to ensure they are able to move forward. Contact our law firm today to explore the legal options available for you.
Lawsuits for Truck Accident Victims in the San Francisco Bay Area
People who are injured in truck accidents in San Francisco and throughout the Bay Area due to the negligence of others have legal options available to them. Many victims are able to file legal claims against at-fault parties to obtain compensation for their injuries and damages. There are various routes victims can pursue legally. Some of the most common types of lawsuits filed after a truck accident in the Bay Area include:
Negligence Lawsuits: When truck drivers or other parties to the accident fail to perform in a safe manner, they can be held liable for accidents they cause. Many victims in Northern California seek compensation from at-fault parties by filing legal claims against them. When filing a legal claim, victims must be able to demonstrate that the at-fault party acted negligently. This includes demonstrating that the following elements of negligence existed:
- Duty of Care: Victims must prove that the truck driver owed them a duty of care while sharing the road.
- Breach of Duty: The defendant breached the duty of care in some manner. Some ways parties breach the duty of care include by driving under the influence, using drugs, working over the hour limits imposed, and driving recklessly.
- Injury: As a result of the breach of the duty, you suffered an injury.
- Damages: The injury caused by the breach of duty resulted in damages. Personal injuries and the destruction of vehicles and other property constitute common damages surrounding truck accident claims.
Product Liability: There are numerous cases where victims are injured in truck accidents due to defective and malfunctioning parts. In these cases, victims can file legal claims against manufacturers and various other parties via product liability laws. Some of the successful product liability claims require victims to prove the following:
- A defect existed
- The manufacturer knows about the defect or should have known about it but still made the product available for purchase
- You suffered an injury
- The injury was caused by the defect
There are instances where manufacturers can be held liable for injuries and damages even if they are unaware that the defect existed. There are also instances where retailers and various other parties can be held liable for accidents caused by defective products. Working with a skilled truck accident attorney in San Francisco will help you prove that the defect existed and that the defect led to your injuries and damages.
Wrongful Death: When victims lose their lives in truck accidents, due to the negligence of others, their families can pursue legal action against the negligent parties as well. These claims are filed under wrongful death laws and enable families to obtain compensation for a variety of damages they face moving forward.
Regardless of the option you choose to pursue, there are various damages that victims are able to obtain compensation for. Some of the damages our team at Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco help victims collect money for include:
- Medical expenses for treating the injuries from the accident
- Lost wages for taking time off work to go to doctor appointments and for other purposes
- Lost earning capacity due to being forced out of work indefinitely
- Long-term care and treatment requirements
In addition to economic damages, victims are able to obtain compensation for a variety of non-economic damages as well. These include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of life enjoyment
- And more
Families who file wrongful death claims are able to obtain compensation for funeral services, burial arrangements, loss of benefits, loss of companionship, and various other damages they face due to their tragic and unexpected loss. If you were injured in a truck accident, due to the negligence of another person, contact our truck accident legal team to start your claim.
Liable Parties for Truck Accidents in San Francisco
After being injured in a truck accident, people are able to file legal claims against those at fault. It is important to recognize that there are several parties who can be found liable for truck accidents in Northern California. In some cases, multiple parties share liability for an accident. Some parties commonly named in truck accident lawsuits include:
- The driver of the truck
- The manufacturer of the truck
- The manufacturer of the truck parts
- The truck driver’s employer
- The truck driver
- The owner of the truck
- The owners of the company that owns the truck
- The municipality where the accident occurred
- Third-party vehicles
- Maintenance companies
- Cargo loading companies
Working with a responsive and effective attorney from Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco after being injured in a truck accident is a victim’s best bet for getting the justice and compensation they rightfully deserve.
Halavanau Law Office Can Help With Your Case
Nearly 3,000 people are left with debilitating injuries from truck accidents throughout California each year. Being injured in a truck accident can have a debilitating impact on the lives of victims and their families. For this reason, it is crucial that those harmed in accidents caused by the negligent actions of others reach out to a truck accident attorney in San Francisco as soon as possible to explore legal options available to them.
Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco has helped victims in San Francisco and throughout the Bay Area protect their legal rights and get the justice they deserve after being harmed in trucking accidents. Whether you were injured in a truck accident, or your loved one lost their life, due to the negligent and reckless actions of another driver, our team strives to ensure you are in the best mental, physical, and financial positions possible to move forward after a life-altering.
Our team is available to answer questions for clients throughout the entire duration of their claims and to ensure their legal rights are protected after being harmed. Contact our truck accident legal team in San Francisco at (415) 692-5301 to see how we can help you. Schedule a case evaluation at your earliest convenience to explore legal options available for you.