Auto Accident Attorney in San Francisco
Injured in a San Francisco Bay Area car accident? Call Halavanau Law Office
More than 480,000 auto accidents are reported throughout the state of California each year. These accidents leave more than 275,000 people with injuries and claim the lives of nearly 4,000. When people are seriously injured in auto accidents, they often require hospitalization and rehabilitation therapy to recover.
Many car accident victims are forced to stay out of work for several months and even years to recover from their injuries. Although there are a variety of treatment options available for people who suffer broken bones, spinal cord damages, and other injuries, all of these treatments typically come at a high cost.
If you have suffered a serious injury in a San Francisco Bay Area car accident that occurred because of another driver’s actions, it is imperative that you reach out to an auto accident attorney in San Francisco as soon as possible to explore the legal options available to you. The personal injury team at Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco has extensive experience helping our clients protect their legal rights after being harmed in a serious accident that was caused by a careless, reckless, or negligent driver.
We provide a wide variety of personal injury services to ensure that the best interests and legal rights of all of our clients are protected, so that they can focus on recovering from their serious injuries sustained in car accidents. Contact our law firm in San Francisco to see how we can help you.
What To Do When The Insurance Company Calls You
Once the insurance company is notified of your accident, a representative from your insurance or the at-fault driver’s insurance will typically try to contact you. It is best to avoid speaking with them if you are planning to work with an attorney. Even the most innocent comment can be manipulated to look like you are at-fault for the accident or that your injuries are not as severe as they truly are. Some insurance companies will try to pressure you into accepting a quick settlement that is potentially worth far less than the actual value of your damages, including cost of past and future treatment, pain and suffering, and other available damages.
An experienced car accident attorney from Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco will take into account all of your current and anticipated medical expenses, lost wages, and various other expenses to obtain the full and fair compensation you need and deserve. We are used to dealing with self-serving insurance companies, so it is crucial that you call our car crash legal team or another reputable attorney prior to communicating with an insurance company. Halavanau Law Office will help guide you through the complex and complicated personal injury legal process and help you understand whether or not a settlement offer is fair. We will handle the communication with insurance companies to ensure they do not take advantage of you if you decide to retain us.
If you have any questions about your car accident or you want to discuss the legal options available as you focus on your recovery, contact Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco to discuss your case.
Statistical Information About Auto Accidents in California
The state of California is no stranger to auto collisions. There are millions of people and cars that are on the roads daily. We have seen a dramatic increase in the rate of auto collisions across our state.
The number of fatal accidents has increased by 23.5% since 2013, while the number of serious-injury accidents continues to climb as well. Some of the most alarming statistics surrounding auto accidents in our state include:
- Roughly 11% of all fatal accidents involve drivers who are under the influence of drugs
- Nearly 1,000 accidents occur each year as a result of speeding drivers
- Over 800 people lose their lives in drunk-driving accidents
- Around 700 pedestrians lose their lives in accidents each year
- 61% of accidents occur in urban areas
- Approximately 75% of drivers in California admit to using cellphones while operating their vehicles
- Distracted driving accounts for roughly 80% of all collisions statewide
There are several acts of negligence that are common in collisions throughout the Bay Area. Some of the leading causes of accidents in our area include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving while impaired
- Unfamiliar roadways
- Defective auto parts
- Inadequate maintenance
People who suffer injuries in collisions caused by these and other factors may be entitled to compensation to alleviate the financial burdens they face resulting from their accidents. One of the most costly consequences of an auto accident is treatment options for injuries. Victims involved in California car accidents suffer a variety of injuries. Some injuries require extensive medical treatment, surgery, hospitalization, and therapy to recover. Some of the most common injuries our clients suffer in auto collisions include:
- Broken bones
- Cuts, scrapes, and lacerations
- Head trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and soft tissue issues
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
Many victims injured in collisions never fully recover from their accidents. Instead, they are left with unbearable pain and suffering that continue to impact them indefinitely. If you suffered injuries from an auto accident that occurred because of another person’s negligence, it is crucial that you reach out to a reputable auto accident attorney in San Francisco as soon as possible.
You may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate the financial burdens you face moving forward. Call Halavanau Law Office today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your San Francisco Bay Area car accident and find out if you have a right to pursue a personal injury claim.
Most Common Types of Car Accidents in the San Francisco Bay Area
There are several causes of motor vehicle accidents in California. The majority of accidents across our state are a result of distracted driving. Accidents take many forms and impact victims in a variety of ways. Some of the most common types of car accidents we see here in California include:
- Head-On Collisions: Frontend-to-frontend collisions often result in catastrophic accidents that can end in fatality. Although these accidents occur less frequently than other types of crashes, they tend to cause more severe injuries to victims. In fact, the majority of fatal accidents involve a head-on impact.
- Rear-End Collisions: More than 1.7 million rear-end collisions occur across the United States each year. These accidents happen when a person is driving too close to the vehicle in front of them and is unable to stop their automobile before their frontend collides with the rear of the vehicle in front of them. These accidents frequently occur due to distracted driving and following too closely.
- T-Bone Collisions: T-bone accidents frequently occur at intersections when one or both drivers do not obey traffic control signals or signs. They can also result because one driver makes an illegal turn. A T-bone collision gets its name from the unique shape the two vehicles make as the front-end of one collides with the side of a second vehicle. T-Bone, or side-impact collisions, can cause debilitating injuries, especially to victims inside the vehicle where it is struck.
- Sideswipe Accidents: These accidents occur when drivers are traveling in parallel lines, and one vehicle crosses over the center median and strikes the second vehicle. Sideswipe accidents often cause one or both cars to go off the road and crash into other objects, vehicles, or buildings.
- Chain Reaction Crashes: A chain-reaction collision is one that involves three or more vehicles. These accidents are commonly caused by drivers following too closely, distracted drivers, and rubbernecking. Chain-reaction accidents can result in severe injuries and more injured parties than most other types of collisions.
- Single Vehicle Accidents: Although most drivers enter roadways worrying about the actions other drivers make, many accidents take place every day in California that involve only one vehicle. In fact, a significant part of all fatal collisions in the United States involve a single vehicle colliding with objects, buildings, and trees, as well as rolling over. Most single-vehicle accidents occur because of driver error, speeding, or intoxication. Others occur because of a defective car part or road defect that resulted in the crash.
When victims are injured in accidents caused by reckless drivers, it is crucial that they reach out to the personal injury team at Halavanau Law Office or other reputable personal injury attorney in San Francisco as soon as possible to explore all of the legal options available to them in their injury accident.
Recoverable Damages in an Auto Accident in California
At Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco, we represent seriously injured people and surviving family members who have been victimized by auto accidents caused by reckless drivers. Our team has extensive experience advocating on behalf of injured car accident victims in the Bay Area by aggressively fighting to help our clients obtain fair, full, and timely compensation for their legal claims. The auto accident legal team at Halavanau Law Office helps victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available for various damages, including but not limited to the following:
- The costs of all past, current, and anticipated medical treatment and surgeries
- The costs for long-term care and therapy
- Lost wages due to inability to work and doctor appointments
- Lost earning capacity for people who are unable to return to work
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
- Property damages
When someone loses their life in an auto accident in the Bay Area, our compassionate team of personal injury lawyers works with the surviving family members to aggressively negotiate full and fair compensation for their loved one’s wrongful death claim.
If you were injured in an accident, or your loved one lost their life, as a result of another motorist’s actions, contact our personal injury legal team in San Francisco to schedule a free consultation to see how our team can help you.
How Our Auto Accident Attorney in San Francisco Can Help You
People who are seriously injured in an auto accident are often left with painful injuries that make it impossible to work and enjoy life. Following an accident, victims are often overcome with stress and worry as they try to figure out how they are going to receive the medical treatment they need and recover while being forced out of work.
The very last thing people need to worry about is navigating the complicated and complex legal system in California. For this reason, we encourage accident victims to reach out to the Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco to ensure their legal rights are protected from the start of their injury.
Our personal injury team provides a number of legal services to victims to ensure they are able to hold wrongdoers accountable for their actions, so they can maximize their recoveries and receive justice. Some of the services we provide for accident victims include:
- Investigating accidents
- Gathering evidence and documents pertaining to the collision
- Working with expert recreationists to recreate the accident
- Working with financial experts to calculate lost wages and earnings
- Obtaining copies of police reports
- Helping victims receive the medical treatment they need
- Negotiating timely and full compensation for victims
- Providing effective and trusted legal representation for victims in the courtroom
In cases where victims pass away due to their injuries, the wrongful death legal team Halavanau Law Office fights aggressively to help families collect the maximum amount of wrongful death benefits available to cover funeral services, burial arrangements, and more. We will make sure that you understand everything that is happening in your case and ensure that you have a successful outcome in your personal injury claim. Contact our law firm today to see how we can help you.
Halavanau Law Office Can Help With Your Case
Being injured in a collision can have a life-altering impact on the lives of victims and their families. For this reason, it is imperative that victims who have been injured in accidents caused by reckless drivers reach out to a car accident attorney in San Francisco as soon as possible to explore legal options available to them.
Halavanau Law Office in San Francisco has helped victims in San Francisco and throughout the Bay Area and California protect their legal rights and obtain the justice they deserve. Whether you were injured in an accident, or your loved one lost their life, due to the negligence of another motorist, our team fights aggressively to ensure you are in the best mental, physical, and financial positions possible to move forward after a tragic collision.
We are available to answer questions for clients throughout the entire duration of their claims and to make sure their legal rights are protected. Contact our auto accident attorney in San Francisco at (415) 692-5301 to see how we can help you. Schedule a free case evaluation at your earliest convenience to discuss the legal options available for you.